Financial instruments implemented by the EIB (2007 - 2022)
managed or under management by EIB
total investments mobilised
What is eligible
research, development & innovation, digitalisation
low carbon economy, energy efficiency, renewable energy, climate change
More Connected Europe
mobility and ICT connectivity
More Social Europe
skills, education, public services
Europe Closer to Citizens
sustainable, urban, rural and costal development
Financial instruments implemented by the EIB provide support to final recipients via financial intermediaries in the form of:
- Quasi-equity and/or direct equity
Check the active EIB financial instruments in your country, to discover if your project is eligible for financing.
Eligible financial intermediaries include banks, financial institutions, investment funds (including special purpose entities), fund managers or other financial intermediaries, public or private. The selected financial intermediaries can receive financing from the established funds of funds in the form of:
- Loans to support working capital and investments promoted by eligible projects/final recipients
- Guarantees designed to lower repayment risk
- Equity investments, mainly through funds to support the growth of companies
Interested financial intermediaries can participate in the programme via on-going calls for expression of interest.
Active financial instruments in your country
The EIB currently manages thirteen financial instruments in six countries.
All financial instruments listed below are set up through funds of funds, managed by the EIB, and provide their support to final recipients through sub-funds.
- Italy: Iccrea Banca, EIB and Sicily Region to launch emergency fund for Sicilian businesses from 1 March
- Spain: Support for the Andalusian agricultural sector - EIB and the Junta de Andalucía sign agreement to manage a fund that will provide up to €250 million in financing
- EIB at the European Week for Cities and Regions
- Greece: EIB and Greek banks confirm €650 million infrastructure investment fund and agree to strengthen business support