- What we offer
Mandates and partnerships
- European Guarantee Fund
- EFSI and its legacy
- EU Blending facilities
- EU Trade and Competitiveness Programme in Egypt, Jordan, Morocco and Tunisia
- Kulima Access to Finance Project
- SME Access to Finance Initiative
- Neighbourhood Investment Platform
- Asia Investment Facility
- Caribbean Investment Facility
- Africa Investment Platform
- Latin America Investment Facility
- Natural Capital Financing Facility
- Mutual Reliance Initiative
- Risk Capital Facility for the Southern Neighbourhood
- Connecting Europe Facility Debt Instrument
- Private Finance for Energy Efficiency (PF4EE)
- ESIF Financial Instruments
- Donor partnerships
- InnovFin - EU Finance for Innovators
- Boost Africa
- EFSD Guarantee
- Recovery and Resilience Facility and financial instruments
- Innovation Fund
- Shared management funds and financial instruments
- EFSD Guarantee
- All mandates and partnerships
Enhancing access to finance for small and medium agrifood businesses in Malawi
What is the Kulima Access to Finance Project?
The Kulima Access to Finance Project is a joint initiative under the Africa Investment Platform launched by the European Investment Bank (EIB) and the European Commission (EC) to improve access to suitable finance in Malawi, mainly to small and medium sized businesses active along the agriculture value chain.
The project will enable small and medium sized agrifood businesses to integrate smallholder farmers into Malawi’s agrifood value chains. Financial intermediaries participating in the project will also be able to engage in riskier projects and reach out to underserved segments of the economy.
The project receives support from the EIB and the European Commission and it is part of a wider EU programme to support the agriculture sector in Malawi.
Find out more on the Kulima website.
What instruments are available?
The following instruments are available under the Kulima Access to Finance Project:
Loans to financial intermediaries committing to on-lend to eligible small and medium sized businesses.
Partial portfolio guarantees
Credit risk protection for eligible loans granted by financial intermediaries.
Capacity building and technical assistance
Strengthening the capacity of financial intermediaries to provide long-term agricultural financing and support small and medium sized businesses and smallholder farmers in various areas.