- What we offer
Mandates and partnerships
- European Guarantee Fund
- EFSI and its legacy
- EU Blending facilities
- EU Trade and Competitiveness Programme in Egypt, Jordan, Morocco and Tunisia
- Kulima Access to Finance Project
- SME Access to Finance Initiative
- Neighbourhood Investment Platform
- Asia Investment Facility
- Caribbean Investment Facility
- Africa Investment Platform
- Latin America Investment Facility
- Natural Capital Financing Facility
- Mutual Reliance Initiative
- Risk Capital Facility for the Southern Neighbourhood
- Connecting Europe Facility Debt Instrument
- Private Finance for Energy Efficiency (PF4EE)
- ESIF Financial Instruments
- Donor partnerships
- InnovFin - EU Finance for Innovators
- Boost Africa
- EFSD Guarantee
- Recovery and Resilience Facility and financial instruments
- Innovation Fund
What is eligible
Eligible projects need to align with the six main pillars of the RRF. At least 37% of RRF spending must target climate transition and 20% digital transformation.
What we offer
The EIB can work with all EU Member States that wish to implement financial instruments using their RRF resources.
Financial instruments deployed by the EIB provide support to final recipients through:
- direct lending, or
- via financial intermediaries
Final recipients can benefit from support through financial intermediaries in the form of:
- Quasi-equity and/or direct equity
Check the active EIB financial instruments in your country, to discover if your project is eligible for financing.
Eligible financial intermediaries include banks, financial institutions, investment funds (including special purpose entities), fund managers or other financial intermediaries, public or private. The selected financial intermediaries can receive financing from the established instrument in the form of:
- Loans to support working capital and investments promoted by eligible projects/final recipients
- Guarantees designed to lower repayment risk
- Equity investments, mainly through funds to support the growth of companies
Interested financial intermediaries can participate in the programme via on-going calls for expression of interest.
In combination with financial instruments, financing from EIB own resources could be provided to final recipients. This additional support could be for example through investment loans to eligible public or private promoters, and intermediated loans to financial intermediaries.