EU’s climate bank
The EIB Group Climate Bank Roadmap 2021-2025 guides our climate ambition. The Roadmap signals the urgency of the climate and environment crisis and represents our commitment, as the EU’s climate bank, to support the European Green Deal, help Europe become the first carbon-neutral continent by 2050 and contribute to the achievement of the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
The European Investment Bank is one of the world’s main financiers of climate action.
The decade 2021-2030 is critical to address our planet's climate and environment emergency. To achieve this, trillions of investment are required. We must:
- limit global warming to 1.5°C above pre-industrial levels by the end of this century,
- adapt to the unavoidable impacts of climate change
- combat environmental degradation,
- halt biodiversity loss, and
- stop widening inequalities.
The European Union is at the forefront of the global fight against greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and to adapt to a changing climate. It plays a leading role in implementing the Paris Agreement. The EIB Group places sustainability at the heart of these EU initiatives.
We must work together to reduce greenhouse gases and to improve the resilience to climate change impacts. Fighting climate change and preparing cities for the changes happening right now will help everyone in the world.
Road to Glasgow
Our experts participate in a number of important conferences, engaging in discussions that will prepare negotiations at the COP26 UN Climate Change Conference in Glasgow.
- 20 September: Building the green consensus
- 3-11 September: IUCN World Conservation Congress
- 23-27 August: World Water Week
Latest news and statements: