Click here for the newest edition of this publication.
Review of the European PPP Market – First half of 2011
- During the first half of the year, the European PPP market was fuelled by a limited number of very large transport transactions;
- The semester is marked by the dominance of the French market (in value terms) and a sharp increase in the average transaction size;
- Overall, 47 transactions reached financial close for an aggregate value of EUR 9.7 billion;
- Only 8 countries closed PPP transactions over the period;
- The Tours-Bordeaux high-speed railway transaction (France), which reached financial close in June, is one of the largest European PPP transaction ever closed.