Review of the European PPP Market in 2016
- 69 PPP transactions reached financial close for an aggregate value of EUR 12 billion;
- In number terms, the market increased by 41% compared to 2015;
- In value terms, the market decreased by 22% compared to 2015;
- The most active market was the UK (by value and number of projects);
- 10 countries closed at least one PPP project;
- Transport was the largest sector in value terms, whilst the education sector recorded the highest number of projects;
- Over 80% of the transactions closed were government-pay PPPs.