Review of the European PPP Market in 2015
- 49 PPP transactions reached financial close for an aggregate value of EUR 15.6 billion;
- In value terms, the market decreased by 17% compared to 2014;
- The most active markets were Turkey (by value) and the UK (by number of projects);
- 12 countries closed at least one PPP project;
- Transport was the largest sector in value terms, whilst the education sector recorded the highest number of deals;
- Over 85% of the transactions closed were government-pay PPPs.