Review of the European PPP Market in 2017
- 42 PPP transactions reached financial closefor an aggregate value of EUR 14.4 billion.
- In value terms, the market increased by 22% compared to 2016.
- In number terms, the market decreased by 38% compared to 2016.
- The most active markets were Turkey (byvalue) and the UK (by number of projects).
- 12 countries closed at least one PPP project.
- Transport was the largest sector in terms of value and jointly by number of projects (with the education sector).
- Over 60% of the transactions closed were government-pay PPPs.