Review of the European PPP Market in 2018
- 39 PPP transactions reached financial close for an aggregate value of EUR14.6 billion.
- In value terms, the market decreased by 4% compared to 2017.
- In number terms, the market decreased by 11% compared to 2017.
- The most active markets were Turkey (by value) and France (by number ofprojects).
- 10 countries closed at least one PPP project.
- Transport was the largest sector in terms of value, whilst education recorded the highest number of projects.
- Half of the transactions closed were government-pay PPPs.