- Share of climate financing rises to 31% of EIB’s total, underlining the Bank’s commitment to play a key role in the European Green Deal and the fight against global warming.
- EIB Group financing increases by 13% to more than EUR 72 billion.
- Highest number of financing operations: 1 095, up 28% from 2018.
- EIB financing outside the EU brings 10-year total to almost EUR 70 billion, of which almost EUR 22 billion to Africa.
- EIB President Werner Hoyer: “The EU bank is more relevant than ever for climate action and Europe’s competitiveness.”
EIB at the WCEF2023: Scaling up financing for the circular economy and building strong partnerships
The European Investment Bank (EIB) is participating in the World Circular Economy Forum 2023 (WCEF 2023), from 30 May to 2 June in Helsinki, Finland. The annual WCEF, a global initiative of Finland and the Finnish Innovation Fund (Sitra), presents the world’s leading circular economy solutions with business leaders, policymakers and experts participating from around the world. This year’s edition will focus on the ambitious action to accelerate the circular economy transition and to promote circular solutions for nature and the economy.