The European Movement International and the European Investment Bank will hold an Investing in the Future of Europe event Friday, 12 April 2019 (16:00-18:00, followed by a reception) on the island of Texel, the Netherlands. Designed as an opportunity to discuss the benefits of European integration, the event will allow speakers from all sides of society to give their perspective on how to invest in the future of Europe and how government, employers, unions and civil society can contribute in the debate about the EU.
The event, held on Texel during DEMOCRACY ALIVE, the leading European democracy festival, will be the 9th in series of joint EIB-EMI events which started in 2017, taking place in various cities in the EU and neighbourhood countries. These events are designed as an opportunity to discuss the benefits of European integration.
The event is free to attend, but advanced registration is recommended. To register, please fill in the registration form here.
For any questions, please contact the EIB Civil Society Division or Ms Hannah Rickard from the European Movement.
- 15:45-16:00: Registration
- 16:00-17:00: Panel debate
- 17:00-17:30: Q&A
Followed by a reception
- Petros Fassoulas, Secretary General, European Movement International
- Kristyna Pelikanova, Civil Society Officer, European Investment Bank (EIB)
- Christine Bosse, Member of Supervisory Board, Allianz Group and Allianz SE
- Luca Jahier, President, European Economic and Social Committee (EESC)
- Joanna Maycock, Secretary General, European Women’s Lobby
- Jeremy Wates, Secretary General, European Environmental Bureau (EEB)