The aim of the event is to raise awareness about how financial instruments can help deliver the objectives of the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development (EAFRD), especially in the fields of agriculture, agri-food, forestry and rural entrepreneurship.
The conference will be opened by Mr Phil Hogan, Commissioner for Agriculture and Rural Development. He will be joined by Mr Pim van Ballekom, Vice-President of the European Investment Bank, Mr Pier Luigi Gilibert, Chief Executive of the European Investment Fund, Ms Carole Delga, President of the Occitanie region, France, and by the French Ministry for Agriculture.
Following the high-level opening statements, further distinguished speakers will present key topics related to the design and implementation of financial instruments under the EAFRD in five sessions.
In this conference, participants can expect to get an overview on:
- how EAFRD financial instruments have progressed so far in different EU Member States and regions;
- what support options are available for agriculture and rural development, based on the example of France;
- how the EAFRD can be better used to improve growth and productivity, sharing experiences on the use of the EAFRD for financial instruments in France;
- in which way other EU Member States are using or planning to use EAFRD financial instruments for agriculture and rural development and why;
- EU Member States’ perspectives on the development of their agricultural and agri-food economies through EAFRD financial instruments.
Agenda of the conference
A detailed programme of this fi-compass event is available in English and French.
The main languages of the event will be French and English; simultaneous interpretation to and from French, English, German, Italian and Spanish will be provided.
Online registration for the conference will be open until Tuesday, 3 October 2017. Places for up to 300 participants are available. Registration is via www.fi-compass.eu/events