Release date: 17 September 2014
Promoter – Financial Intermediary
Co-financing with EU Structural Funds of priority investments in the Hellenic Republic under the 2014-2020 programming period.
The project targets the following objectives: to promote economic and social cohesion and support SMEs, the knowledge economy, renewal and regeneration in rural and urban areas, environmental protection, sustainable transport and renewable energy and energy efficiency.
- Industry - Construction
- Urban development - Construction
- Education - Education
- Transport - Transportation and storage
- Health - Human health and social work activities
- Energy - Electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply
- Services - Professional, scientific and technical activities
- Credit lines - Credit lines
- Services - Information and communication
- Water, sewerage - Water supply; sewerage, waste management and remediation activities
- Solid waste - Water supply; sewerage, waste management and remediation activities
Proposed EIB finance (Approximate amount)
EUR 1700 million
Total cost (Approximate amount)
EUR 18647 million
Greece, as an EU Member State, has harmonised its environmental legislation in line with the relevant EU Directives 2011/92/EU and 2001/42/EC. The Bank's appraisal will focus on the promoter's environmental management capacity to properly apply the EU Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) Directive 2001/42/EC, the EU Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Directive 2011/92/EU, as well as the requirements of the Habitats and Birds Directives, where appropriate. All relevant key documents for the project will be published, in line with the Bank's disclosure policy.
The Bank will require the promoter to ensure that contracts for the implementation of the project have been/shall be tendered in accordance with the relevant applicable EU procurement legislation (Directives 2004/18/EC and/or 2004/17/EC as well as Directives 89/665/EEC and 92/13/EEC) as interpreted by the Court of Justice of the EU, with publication of tender notices in the EU Official Journal, as and where required.
Signed - 27/08/2015
Before financing approval by the Board of Directors, and before loan signature, projects are under appraisal and negotiation. The data provided on this page is therefore indicative and cannot be considered to represent official EIB policy (see also the Explanatory notes).