AU-EU Summit: Investing in a sustainable future
- Nov 29, 2017
- Nov 30, 2017
The fifth African Union-European Union (AU-EU) Summit took place on 29-30 November 2017 in Abidjan, Côte d'Ivoire. This year, the summit focused on common challenges and interests such as sustainable and inclusive development.
An EIB delegation led by President Werner Hoyer and Vice-President Ambroise Fayolle joined their partners in Abidjan and announced new financing for Africa, including:
- new support for young entrepreneurs, microbusiness and SMEs across Africa
- infrastructure projects providing drinking water to 1 million people in Cote d'Ivoire
- new transport routes to connect Madagascar from North to South
- modernisation of Senegal’s electricity system in rural areas, benefiting 55 000 people
- first EIB transaction with the African Export Import Bank to support trade-related investments and projects between Europe and Africa
- new support from the European Commission and the ACP group for the Boost Africa initiative, designed to support innovative start-ups through venture capital across Africa
- EIB press contacts
All times are Abidjan local times.
- More information on the AU-EU Summit on the official event website.