Financial instruments for enhancing SME competitiveness in the programming period 2014-2020
- Mar 14, 2017
- Mar 14, 2017
Implementation of ESI Fund financial instruments for the 2014-2020 programming period is underway. Experiences from these active financial instruments can be a source of inspiration and basis of discussion for practitioners who are interested in advancing with similar financial instruments. One of the thematic objectives offering strong potential for financial instruments is Thematic Objective 3: ‘Enhancing the competitiveness of SMEs’ (TO3).
A second thematic workshop on financial instruments supporting Thematic Objective 3 ‘Enhancing the competitiveness of SMEs’ is therefore being organised by fi-compass on 14 March 2017 in Brussels.
During the workshop, national representatives from managing authorities, an intermediate body and a financial intermediary, as well as European Investment Bank Group (EIB Group) experts, will take participants through the different phases of the life cycle when designing and implementing financial instruments for enhancing SME competitiveness, based on two case studies:
- FOSTER TPE-PME in the Occitanie region, France, and
- Access to Finance Solutions for SMEs in Northern Ireland.
The purpose of the workshop is to:
- Provide participants with an opportunity to learn from the experiences of other Member States and regions in implementing financial instruments to support TO3 in the programming period 2014-2020;
- Create a forum for participants to share their own experiences and progress in implementing financial instruments supporting SME competitiveness;
- Enable participants to exchange on a peer-to-peer basis with the speakers and other participants on ways to deal with technical challenges that they face regarding the design, set-up and implementation of financial instruments for SMEs.
The detailed programme of the workshop can be found here.
This thematic workshop is designed especially for managing authorities and other stakeholders from all EU Member States directly involved in the design, set-up and implementation of financial instruments related to TO3. Participant numbers will be limited in order to encourage peer interaction.
Discover here impressions of speakers and participants from the first fi-compass case study workshop on financial instruments related to TO3, organised in November 2016 in Luxembourg.
The event will take place in English. Interpretation into French will be available.
RegistrationsRegistration is open for the event on the fi-compass website and the deadline for online registrations is Thursday, 9 March 2017.