Investment Plan for Europe – A status update
- Sep 21, 2017
- Sep 21, 2017
The European Fund for Strategic Investments (EFSI) is an initiative to help overcome the investment gap in the European Union (EU). The Initiative was jointly launched as one of three pillars by the European Investment Bank (EIB) Group and the European Commission to facilitate the implementation of the ‘Investment Plan for Europe’ which aims to mobilize private financing for strategic investments in the order of EUR 315bn until 2020.
Guest speakers from the EIB and the European Commission will discuss the results to date, showcase EFSI support to SMEs, innovation and infrastructure and outline the prospects for the future.
For more information and other EACC events visit www.eaccny.com
Questions to be addressed include:
- Where do we stand nowadays with the Investment Gap in Europe and what is the basic concept of EFSI?
- Best practices that have been developed for the Investment Plan for Europe
- How can US and European investors engage with the EIB and how can they get involved in this unique initiative?
- A showcase of several pilot projects
- A demonstration how EFSI boosts investment in infrastructure and innovation projects and enhances the availability of high-risk financing for such projects.
Welcome by Joao Vale de Almeida, Head of Delegation, EU Ambassador to the United Nations Introductory remarks by Ambroise Fayolle, Vice President, European Investment Bank.
- Luca Lazzaroli, Director General & Deputy Head of Operations. European Investment Bank
- Jan Ståhlberg, Vice Chairman, EQT Partners AB
- James Rosener, President, European American Chamber of Commerce New York
- Philippe Sollie, Executive Chairman, FlenHealth
Moderator Tom Buerkle, Associate Editor, Reuters Breakingviews, Thomson Reuters
Closing remarks by Pierre Moscovici, EU Commissioner for Economic and Financial Affairs, Taxation and Customs
8:00 – 8:30 AM Check in
8:30 – 10:15 AM Program
10:15 – 10:30 AM Networking
EACC NY Member: Free
Non- Member: Free