The European Investment Bank Group hosted an interactive seminar to present the extensive range of support available to Small and Medium Businesses in Armenia.
SMEs are the backbone of the Armenian economy and contribute to job creation and economic growth. Access to finance for SMEs can be strengthened through instruments that either enhance banks’ ability to lend or provide complementary sources of financing. We at the EIB aim to improve financing conditions and enhance access to finance for SMEs.
The event, organised in cooperation with the Eastern Partnership Technical Assistance Trust Fund, the Central Bank of the Republic of Armenia and the German-Armenian Fund, took place on the 18th of November 2016 in Yerevan.
The seminar consisted of a series of presentations on EU support to SMEs through EIB, the Eastern Partnership Technical Assistance Trust Fund (EPTATF) and on Armenia Loan4SMEs implemented by CBA financial intermediaries. Participants had the chance to listen to success stories of final beneficiaries and the conference was followed by a networking reception with EIB experts and peers.
- EIB in Armenia, Marion Hoenicke
- Macro-financial Needs and Challenges, Luca Gattini
- The EIB and InnovFin in Armenia, Marc D'hooge
- Introduction to EIB Loan4SMEs, Maciej Czura
- Case Study Aplina Hotel, Ruzanna Khachatryan, ENG / ARM
- Case Study Araks-2’ Production Cooperative, Kristine Antonyan ENG / ARM
- Utilisation and Demand of the CBA L4SMEs - Ardshinbank, Ashot Abrahamyan
- Utilisation and Demand of the CBA L4SMEs - SME Investments UCO, Hayk Hovhannisyan
- Utilisation and Demand of the CBA L4SMEs - Ameriabank, Elizabet Hakobjanyan
- Eligibility and Procedures - IPC, Armen Asatryan
- Eligibility and Procedures - German-Armenian Fund, Gevorg Tumanyan ENG / ARM
- Technical Assistance by Eastern Partnership TA Trust Fund, Marion Hoenicke