The European Commission has recently published the Guidance for Member States on the selection of bodies implementing financial instruments under European Structural and Investment Funds (ESIF). This guidance provides clarifications about the procedures for selecting bodies to whom the managing authorities may entrust the financial instruments implementation tasks as foreseen in Article 38(4)(b) of the Common Provisions Regulation. Managing authorities need to comply with all applicable laws, including public procurement, when selecting these bodies.
An event is being organised about this topic by fi-compass with aims to:
- Accommodate the need of stakeholders for guidance on the rules for selection of bodies implementing financial instruments under ESIF;
- Enable participants to understand the implications and opportunities of guidance and to apply the legal provisions in practice; and
- Facilitate networking of participants and provide them with the opportunity to discuss this topic.
The event will consist of:
- Presentations by experts from the European Commission; and
- Questions and answer sessions following the presentations.
The event targets in particular:
- ESIF managing authorities and other authorities directly involved in the implementation of ESIF financial instruments, as well as
- Bodies implementing or considering implementing financial instruments under ESIF programmes and financial intermediaries.
If capacity allows, other stakeholders working with financial instruments under ESIF may also attend the event.
The event will take place in English and registration is available through the event calendar
on the fi-compass