Investing in the Future of Europe – Prague
- Mar 6, 2019
The European Movement International and the European Investment Bank, in partnership with the European Movement Czech Republic will be organising an event on Wednesday, 6 March 2019, entitled ‘Investing in the Future of Europe’.
The European Movement International and the European Investment Bank, in partnership with the European Movement Czech Republic will be organising an event on Wednesday, 6 March 2019, entitled ‘Investing in the Future of Europe’. Speakers from all sides of society will give their perspective on how to invest in the future of Europe and how government, employers, unions and civil society can contribute in the debate about the EU. The event, held in Prague, is the 8th in series of joint events which started in 2017, taking place in various cities in the EU and neighbourhood countries. These events are designed as an opportunity to discuss the benefits of European integration.
Please note that the discussions for this event are held in Czech but English translation will be provided.
To register, please fill in the registration form here.
17.30 – 18.00 Registration
18.10 – 18.30 Opening remarks
- Kristyna Pelikanova, Civil Society Officer, European Investment Bank
- Petros Fassoulas, Secretary General, European Movement International
18.30 – 19.45 Panel debate
- Zdeněk Čech, Deputy Head of the European Commission Representation in the Czech Republic
- Dita Charanzova MEP, Group of the Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe
- Oldřich Dědek, Professor, Head of Department of Macroeconomics, Institute of Economic Studies
- Pavel Fára, Deputy Director of the International Relations Department, Confederation of Industry of the Czech Republic
- Anna Kárníková, Director of Centre for Transport and Energy (NGO), former Government Officer and Project Leader at Friedrich Ebert Foundation
- Dusan Ondrejicka, Senior Media Officer, European Investment Bank
- Prof. Jan Sokol, Czech Philosopher and Former Politician
19.45 – 20.10 Q&A
20.10 Closing remarks
- Vladimír Špidla, President, European Movement Czech Republic
20.15 Reception dinner