The European Movement International and the European Investment Bank (EIB), in partnership with European Movement Finland, will be organising an event on Wednesday 26 June 2019, entitled ‘Investing in the Future of Europe’. This panel discussion will gather different stakeholders (NGOs, business, trade unions, government etc.) and will be the opportunity for participants from all walks of life to discuss their respective vision on how to best invest in the future of Europe.
Since 2017, this series of panel discussions has taken place across the EU as well as in other neighbouring countries. Designed to discuss the benefits of EU integration and membership, this is also an opportunity to engage broader civil society to debate about the transformative power and direct benefits of the EU.
Please note that this event will be held in English
To register, please fill in the registration form here.
For any questions, please contact the EIB Civil Society Division or Ms Hannah Rickard from the European Movement.
Keynote: Europe in the New World (Dis)order
– Alexander Stubb, Vice-President | The European Investment Bank
Panel discussion: How to Invest in the Future of Europe?
– Pia Björkbacka, Adviser for International Affairs | Central Organisation of Finnish Trade Unions SAK
– Elisa Gebhart, Chairperson | The Finnish National Youth Council – Allianssi
– Elina Kamppi, Adviser for Legislation | Finance Finland FFI
– Jukka Luukkanen, Head of Helsinki Office | European Investment Bank
– Janica Ylikarjula, Chief Policy Adviser, EU and Trade Policy | Confederation of Finnish Industries
– Juha Jokela Programme Director, EU Research Programme | Finnish Institute of International Affairs
17:30-18:00 Opening coffee & registration
18:00- 19:30 Panel discussion
Followed by a reception