The Global Development Network and the European Investment Bank co-hosted two webinars in March, focused on the theme of “Assessing Impact Investments”.
The webinars, designed as dissemination events for the EIB-GDN program on Applied Development Finance, gathered experts from around the world to discuss learnings from the programme in terms of assessing impact investments in real time using local researchers and world experts; and adapting measuring and monitoring impacts during the current crisis, by using digital technology.
The first webinar “Measuring impacts: The experience of the EIB-GDN program” on March 24, introduced the latest Impact Assessment Handbook being developed by the joint programme, which will discuss key learning and insights from the program.
Moderator: Debora Revoltella, Director of the Economics Department of the EIB
- Pierre Jacquet, President, GDN,
- Matt Ripley, Head of Impact Services, The Good Economy Partnership,
- Emmanuel Jimenez, Senior Fellow and former Executive Director, 3ie
- Frannie Leautier, Senior Partner and CEO, SouthBridge Investments (TBC)
- Esther Leah Achandi, EIB-GDN Fellow & Post-Doctoral Fellow- Gender, International Livestock ResearchInstitute (ILRI), University of Dar es Salaam
- Dot Beck, Partner, Novastar Ventures (TBC)
- Felix Fernandez-Shaw, Director for Sustainable Development Policy and Coordination, DG-INTPA European Commission (TBC)