Reference: 20170797
Release date: 13 November 2017

Promoter – Financial Intermediary

BANKIA SA

Location

Description

Dedicated EIB loan for financing small and medium-sized projects carried out by small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and mid-caps in Spain. At least 70% of the loan amount will be used for SME financing. The rest, up to 30% of the total amount, could be used in small and medium-sized investment projects in eligible sectors carried out by mid-cap enterprises (up to 3 000 employees).

Objectives

This intermediated loan will improve competitiveness and access to finance at favourable conditions for SMEs and mid-caps.

Sector(s)

Proposed EIB finance (Approximate amount)

EUR 400 million

Total cost (Approximate amount)

EUR 800 million

Environmental aspects

The Bank will require that projects financed under this operation comply with domestic and EU applicable legislation, as appropriate.

Procurement

The Bank will require that projects financed under this operation comply with domestic and EU applicable legislation, where applicable.

Status

Signed - 19/12/2017

Disclaimer

Before financing approval by the Board of Directors, and before loan signature, projects are under appraisal and negotiation. The data provided on this page is therefore indicative and cannot be considered to represent official EIB policy (see also the Explanatory notes).

Related tags

Spain Credit lines