The European Investment Bank (EIB), the bank of the European Union, will provide a €200 million loan to the Development Fund of the Republic of Serbia for the faster recovery of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and mid-caps from COVID-19. This is the sixth operation in the country implemented by the EIB under the Team Europe financial package for the Western Balkans, taking total EIB support for accelerating Serbia’s recovery from COVID-19 to €380 million. The loan will speed up the recovery of the private sector, boost economic activity and help protect over 47 000 jobs, while creating 5 500 new job opportunities for people in Serbia.
In the spotlight
To support a faster recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic, the European Investment Bank (EIB) is providing €100 million to the Development Bank of North Macedonia JSC Skopje (DBNM). These funds will be available under more favourable conditions as immediate support for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and mid-caps. The financing is part of the Team Europe initiative and the EIB’s financial package to help the Western Balkans as the region recovers from COVID-19.
The European Investment Bank (EIB) and UniCredit A.D. Banja Luka (UBBL) have signed an agreement to provide up to €50 million financing for small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and Mid-Caps in Bosnia and Herzegovina to help them meet the challenge of recovering from the COVID-19 crisis. The loan will help companies to overcome the financial constraints brought about by the pandemic, maintaining liquidity and jobs. This is the third credit line provided by the EIB in support of companies in Bosnia and Herzegovina under the Team Europe financial package for COVID-19 recovery of the Western Balkans. With the new loan signed today, the total EIB financing for COVID-19 recovery provided to SMEs in Bosnia and Herzegovina since the start of the pandemic will reach €95 million.
The EIB is proud to be the lead financier in the Western Balkans Investment Framework - an ambitious European Commission led initiative that combines financing from International Financial Institutions with EU grants accelerating much needed investments in Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro, North Macedonia and Serbia.
Latest news about the EIB in the Western Balkans
- Serbia: Team Europe - EIB provides €200 million to Development Fund of Serbia to support faster COVID-19 recovery of Serbian SMEs and mid-caps
- Serbia: Team Europe - The EIB supports small businesses with a €40 million loan signed with Banca Intesa Beograd
- Team Europe: EIB to accelerate recovery of SMEs in Western Balkans with new loans signed today with two UniCredit member banks
- Bosnia and Herzegovina: Team Europe - EIB to accelerate recovery of SMEs in Western Balkans with new loans signed today with two UniCredit members banks
- Kosovo*: Team Europe - EIB funds to support economic recovery from COVID-19 impact and development of small businesses
- North Macedonia: Team Europe - The EIB supports the recovery of North Macedonian small businesses from COVID-19
- Team Europe: EIB invests in safer air traffic on key air corridors over the Western Balkans