Access to investment finance is frequently seen as a barrier by businesses in scaling up projects and innovations that benefit natural capital and biodiversity. On the other side of the table, banks and other investors struggle to develop a pipeline of investible projects that enhance natural capital and biodiversity.
This webinar series aims to help participants to better understand and overcome barriers to investing in nature, and thereby facilitate investment in natural capital and biodiversity-related projects and innovations. It is in particular targeted at project developers (public and private businesses, cities or municipalities) but will also benefit non-governmental organisations, consultancy companies and individuals seeking to increase their practical knowledge in the field.
This webinar will draw from the EIB’s recent publication “Investing in Nature”: financing Conservation and nature-based solutions’, which provides a practical guide on how to put together investment propositions.
Following the first two webinars that provided an introduction on financing investments in natural capital and explored the business models for conservation and nature-based solutions projects, this third webinar will provide a practical guidance on:
- Preparing historical financial statements
- Setting up a simple forecast to analyse cash flows
- Identifying key challenges and risks and how to mitigate them
Webinar presenters include:
- Vasco Ferreira Costa, Investment Officer, Natural Capital Finance Facility (EIB)
- Patricio Novales, Financial Monitoring Officer, Public Sector EU, Transaction Management and Restructuring (EIB)
- Catharina Dyvik, Director, Sustainable Finance/ Blended Finance Taskforce, SYSTEMIQ (moderator).
- SYSTEMIQ is a systems change company that partners with business, finance, policy-makers, and civil society to make economic systems sustainable combining research with high-impact on-the-ground work. They helped the EIB in developing the “Investing in Nature” guide.
Registration details to the webinar: https://eib-videoconference.webex.com/eib-videoconference/onstage/g.php?MTID=e18f79a45b1b43ee532b2af0cc3daba8e
Further events of interest:
- Investing in Nature - Part 4: Understanding different types of financing (June 2020)
- Investing in Nature - Part 5: Variety of legal structures and their pros and cons (September 2020)
Details will be announced closer to the date. To stay informed about upcoming events, drop us a line:
EIB Contact: Kristyna Pelikanova, Coordinator of the Natural Capital Financing Facility (NCFF)