The European Investment Bank Group, in collaboration with the CBI (Confederation of Business Industry) and the Department for Business Innovation and Skills, hosted an interactive seminar to present financing opportunities and the extensive range of support available to innovative and growing businesses in the UK.
Under our Innovation Finance (InnovFin) range we have specially designed products for:
- banks and financial intermediaries;
- mid-sized and large innovative business; and
- large research and innovation projects emanating from universities and public research organisations, among others.
We also offer specialist financing for:
- first-of-a-kind commercial-scale demonstration projects in the fields of renewable energy and hydrogen and fuel cells;
- project developers of vaccines, drugs, medical and diagnostic devices or novel research infrastructures for infectious diseases that have successfully completed the pre-clinical stage working.
Lastly, we can also offer advisory services to mid-sized and large companies investing in innovation, so that they can be better prepared to access EIB financing and/or other sources. These services include review of business plan, capital structure and financing plans.
The seminar consisted of concise product presentations and case studies, followed by a networking lunch and one-to-one information desk.
It was open to CEOs, CFOs and top management of innovative companies (from large SMEs to corporates) in the automotive, ICT, biotech and industrial sectors, as well as financial intermediaries, financial advisory organizations and industry associations.
This event also provided an excellent opportunity to network with our operational teams.
Both the EU and the EIB Group intend to more than double their combined support for research and innovation in Europe over the next 7 years, making more than EUR 24bn available.