Achieving the EU’s 2030 and 2050 climate targets will not be possible without a reduction in emissions from road transport. This has been recognised in the European Commission’s recent proposal for a ‘Sustainable and Smart Mobility Strategy’, which puts forward several initiatives to make road transport in Europe greener.
This Policy Dialogue will reflect on the implications of increased climate ambition for road transport in Europe and the main elements of the Commission’s new Mobility Strategy that are relevant for the ‘greening’ of road transport. ePanellists will consider the opportunities and challenges linked to reducing road transport emissions in the EU, including the role for Zero Emission Vehicles in these efforts. The Policy Dialogue will be chaired by Annika Hedberg, Head of the EPC Sustainable Prosperity for Europe Programme.
- Julia Poliscanova, Senior Director for Vehicles and Emobility, Transport and Environment
- Kris Peeters, Vice-President of the European Investment Bank
- Maja Bakran, Deputy Director-General for Mobility and Transport, European Commission
- Nigel Topping, High-Level Climate Action Champion for COP26
- Stephan Neugebauer, Chairman, European Green Vehicles Initiative Association
- Annika Hedberg, Head of Sustainable Prosperity for Europe Programme, European Policy Centre
Click here to register