EIB joins Festival of Science
- Nov 3, 2006
- Nov 3, 2006
The EIB invites you to join the Science Festival that will take place from 26 October to 7 November 2006 in Genoa.
The Science Festival is one of the most successful science communication events in Europe and a hub of resources for scientific awareness. It is part of European initiatives to communicate science to society. Discovery is the theme of 2006's Science Festival, which will welcome outstanding names from the world of science.
EIB Conference "Finance for Science, Technology and Innovation"
3/11/2006 - 9:30 -13:00 palazzo Ducale - Sala del Minor Consiglio- Genoa
The conference organised by the EIB in conjunction with the Science Festival of Science will explore topics of great interest to the Bank: financing research and development, renewable energy, and the health sector.
The scheduled speakers are:
- Sauli Niinistö, EIB Vice-President
- Renato Fà, Ministry of University of University and Research
- Carlo Rizzuto, Chairman Sincrotrone di Trieste
- Silvio Garattini, Chairman Mario Negri Institute for Pharmacological Research
- Jean-Jacques Mertens, EIB
- Domenico Rossetti, European Commission
- Eugenio Leanza, EIB
- Ezio Andreta, Chairman APRE - Agency for the Promotion of European Research
EIB Conference "Real Decisions: not Rational, not Capricious"
3/11/2006 - 21:30 - Palazzo Ducale - Sala del Maggior Consiglio - Genoa
Conversation between Daniel Kahneman, the 2002 Nobel Prize Laureate in Economics, and Prof. Massimo Piattelli Palmarini, Professor of cognitive science at the University Vita-Salute San Raffaele in Milan, moderated by Prof. Matteo Motterlini.