The European Commission, Directorate-General for Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion (DG EMPL), supported by the European Investment Bank Group (EIB Group), is pleased to announce the Second fi-compass ESF Conference ‘Financial instruments funded by the European Social Fund – boosting social impact', taking place on 8 and 9 March 2018 in Brussels, Belgium.
The two-day conference will be opened by Ms Marianne Thyssen, European Commissioner for Employment, Social Affairs, Skills and Labour Mobility. Further distinguished speakers will present at the conference key topics related to financing social inclusion and social impact investing in the 2014-2020 programming period in a variety of thematic sessions.
Conference sessions will include information and advice about:
- The recent developments in social impact investing and innovative financing solutions across the EU,
- The role of the EU and the ESF in social financing today and tomorrow,
- How the effect of financial instruments on the development of social policies is perceived,
- The opportunities provided by ESF financial instruments for EU Member States and regions,
- The importance of microfinance in promoting self-employment and entrepreneurship,
- How social entrepreneurship and social inclusion can be supported,
- The support options available to Member States and managing authorities and on further support available from cooperation between the European Commission and EIB Group for social inclusion and social impact.
Participants will hear concrete examples of the design and implementation of financial instruments and other financing solutions. They will also learn from experiences of the private sector as well as the EIB Group in realising social impact investments on the ground.
The target audience for the conference is:
- ESF managing authorities from all EU Member States and regions,
- Financial institutions directly involved in the design, implementation and promotion of financial instruments established under the ESF programmes or other EU funding sources, as well as their associations,
- Other stakeholders involved and planning to become involved in the design, implementation and promotion of ESF financial instruments.
The conference language will be English. Simultaneous translation to/from French, Italian and Spanish will be provided.
Agenda of the conference
The provisional programme of the Second fi-compass ESF Conference can be found here.
Registration is via www.fi-compass.eu/events
and the deadline for registration is Friday, 02 March 2018.