The EIB Group’s Annual Press Conference took place on 20 January 2021 with President Werner Hoyer. Watch the livestream of the conference and the Q&A session below.
The EIB President, Werner Hoyer, presented 2020 results and 2021 outlook at the EIB’s annual press conference.
2020 highlights include*:
- Total EIB Group (European Investment Bank and European Investment Fund) financing signed was €76.8 billion, of which €66.6 billion was in the EU and €10.2 billion outside the EU.
- Total EIB financing: €66.09 billion signed
- Total EIF financing: €12.87 billion signed
- Total investment supported: €270 billion
- Green financing (climate action and environmental sustainability financing by the EIB): 40% of total financing
An advance copy, under embargo, of the EIB’s new Investment Report “Building a smart and green Europe in the COVID-19 era” can be requested by emailing email@example.com. In asking to receive the report under embargo, journalists undertake to respect the publication time of Thursday 21 January at 14.00 CET.