- 40 public-private partnership transactions reached financial close for an aggregate value of €8.0 billion.
- In value terms, the market decreased by 13% compared to 2020.
- Despite expectations of a greater reduction in activity due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, the number of projects decreased by just 7% compared to 2020.
- The most active markets were Italy in value terms and France in terms of the number of projects.
- 13 countries closed at least one public-private partnership project compared to 11 in 2020.
- Transport was the largest sector both in terms of value and number of projects.
- The rise in demand/revenue-based projects has continued with more than two-thirds of transactions taking this form.