- Operations evaluation
The thematic evaluations of EIB and EIF operations take approximately 12 to 16 months, a figure in line with other international financial institutions (IFIs), and include:
- Analysis of the Bank’s relevant policies and strategies
- Analysis of the portfolio of relevant projects
- Interviews with relevant parties inside and outside the EIB group
- The specific evaluation of some individual operations
- Complementary studies or surveys, depending on the overall theme.
The process itself is regularly updated, taking into account the evolving activities of the EIB Group, new areas of analysis for EV and recommendations made from outside the organisation.
The criteria for evaluation of EIB operations are:
|Relevance||Are objectives consistent with underlying policies and beneficiary needs?|
|Effectiveness||Were objectives achieved?|
|Efficiency||Are benefits commensurate with costs?|
|Sustainability||Are there continued long-term benefits?|
|EIB Contribution||What was EIB's financial and technical contribution to the project?|
|EIB management of the project||How was the project cycle managed?|
newsletter Thank you for