EIB Workshop with NGOs (cancelled)
- Oct 21, 2005
As part of its dialogue with civil society organisations, the EIB organizes regional Workshops for NGOs to discuss topics of mutual interest. EIB and NGOs together set the programme for the Workshop.
The programme will include two sessions introduced by EIB and NGO speakers, followed by discussion. Indicative topics:
- EIB and Millennium Development Goals;
- Tourism and environment in the Mediterranean region; and
- Sustainable cities - urban socio/economic development towards sustainability.
Interested NGOs are invited to comment or suggest new topics:
- broad (horizontal/regional) items for the programme;
- local/project-related topics for informal side meetings with EIB staff members, organised on request.
The working languages are English and Italian. Simultaneous interpretation available during the plenary programme.
Please note that this will be a closed, invitation only meeting to allow an in-depth exchange of views. The number of places available is limited. Priority will be given to those who ask to participate at an early stage. Invitations will be sent on request. Also note that EIB does not reimburse travel fees or accommodation expenses for participants.