The Management Committee is the Bank’s permanent collegiate executive body. It has nine members. Under the authority of the President and the supervision of the Board of Directors, it oversees the day-to-day running of the EIB, prepares decisions for Directors and ensures that these are implemented. The President chairs the meetings of the Management Committee. The members of the Management Committee are responsible solely to the Bank; they are appointed by the Board of Governors, on a proposal from the Board of Directors, for a renewable period of six years.
According to the Bank’s Statute, the President is also Chairman of the Board of Directors.
Date of situation: 01/02/2024
The remuneration of the members of the EIB Governing Bodies is set according to specific rules and regulations.
Code of Conduct
This Code of Conduct applies to the members of the Management Committee of the European Investment Bank. It sets out the rules applicable in matters of professional ethics and behaviour.
- Nadia Calviño takes over as EIB President
- EIB to welcome Germany’s Nicola Beer as Vice-President
- EIB welcomes its first ever Cypriot Vice President
- Gelsomina Vigliotti appointed as EIB Vice-President
- Kris Peeters appointed as new Vice-President of the European Investment Bank
- Teresa Czerwińska appointed Vice-President of the EIB
- Thomas Östros appointed as new Vice-President of the EIB
- Ambroise Fayolle is appointed Member of the Management Committee