This Investigations Activity Report describes the activities of the Inspectorate General’s Investigations Division (IG/IN) in 2022, giving an overview of IG/IN’s work to prevent, detect, investigate and remedy Prohibited Conduct affecting EIB Group activities.
In particular, the report provides:
- Relevant statistics regarding the allegations received and investigations conducted;
- An overview of how to report fraud and misconduct;
- A selection of relevant internal and external case studies reflecting the range of allegations handled as well as the findings and lessons learned;
- An overview of the developments regarding fraud detection tools and methodology as well as relevant case studies showcasing how Proactive Integrity Reviews are performed;
- An outline on deterrence and rehabilitation activities such as exclusion proceedings and settlements with entities that have engaged in Prohibited Conduct; and
- Information on the prevention and policy work undertaken by IG/IN, such as expanding the network of international partners, fraud and corruption awareness trainings and other initiatives for EIB Group staff members.