- What we offer
Mandates and partnerships
- European Guarantee Fund
- EFSI and its legacy
- EU Blending facilities
- EU Trade and Competitiveness Programme in Egypt, Jordan, Morocco and Tunisia
- Kulima Access to Finance Project
- SME Access to Finance Initiative
- Neighbourhood Investment Platform
- Asia Investment Facility
- Caribbean Investment Facility
- Africa Investment Platform
- Latin America Investment Facility
- Natural Capital Financing Facility
- Mutual Reliance Initiative
- Risk Capital Facility for the Southern Neighbourhood
- Connecting Europe Facility Debt Instrument
- Private Finance for Energy Efficiency (PF4EE)
- ESIF Financial Instruments
- Donor partnerships
- InnovFin - EU Finance for Innovators
- Boost Africa
- EFSD Guarantee
- Recovery and Resilience Facility and financial instruments
- Innovation Fund
Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Area (DCFTA) Initiative East
The Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Area (DCFTA) Initiative East aims to strengthen economic development in the countries which have signed an association agreement with the EU - namely Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine - by providing targeted financial and technical support to small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in these three countries.
Offering SME loan guarantees to local banks and other financial intermediaries via the European Investment Fund (EIF), enabling them to improve lending terms and conditions and thus providing wider access to finance for SMEs. Find out on the EIF website who has benefited from the DCFTA Initiative East Guarantee Facility.
The main objective of this initiative is to support economic growth and employment-generating activities in the selected countries. It will also enhance access to finance in the form of improved lending terms and conditions and provide first loss SME portfolio guarantees, enabling local intermediary banks to take on more risk and reach out to underserved segments of the economy.
The Initiative will strengthen the capacity of the private sector, in particular SMEs, to compete in local and international markets, by:
Offering SME loan guarantees to local banks and other financial intermediaries via the European Investment Fund (EIF), enabling them to improve lending terms and conditions and thus providing wider access to finance for SMEs. Download here the list of financial intermediaries currently supported under DCFTA Initiative East Guarantee Facility.
Providing technical assistance to counterpart financial intermediaries (including microfinance institutions) via institutional and capacity-building activities and advisory services to the small and medium-sized enterprises at regional and local level by promoting rural development with particular focus on agri-food value chain development.