The ex-post evaluation of the EIB’s Energy Lending Criteria drew on a variety of data:
- a literature review of relevant EU Energy Policy documentation;
- a review of developments in global and EU energy markets in 2013-2017, with a particular focus on investment needs;
- a portfolio review of EIB’s approved energy-related financing during 2013-2017;
- a desk review of 60 projects within the portfolio, of which 10 were subject to site visits;
- 2 online surveys (for internal and external stakeholders); and
- 45 interviews with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
This report presents the conclusions and recommendations from the evaluation.