The Porto Social Summit is an event hosted by the Portuguese presidency of the Council of the European Union.
The EIB delegation to the Summit is headed by EIB President Hoyer and Vice-President Ricardo Mourinho Félix. The EIB delegation will participate to the Skills and Innovation workshop organised from 15h00 - 17h00 (Porto local time).
The main questions to be discussed during the workshop are:
- How can we ensure that initial education and training is fit to equip individuals for the needs of the labour market?
- How can we significantly scale up our efforts on upskilling and reskilling?
- Which initiatives at EU and national level can promote green and digital skills in order to bolster the EU’s innovation performance?
The workshop will be broadcast live, allowing citizens to follow the discussions.
Follow the workshop here
(at 15h00 - Porto local time)
About the Porto Summit
The Summit consists of:
- a high-level conference with social partners
- an informal meeting of EU heads of state or government
The overall aim is to set the European social policy agenda for the next decade. At the high-level conference, member states, European institutions, social partners and civil society come together to reinforce their commitment to the implementation of the European Pillar of Social Rights.
The results of the high-level conference are expected to inform the work of the informal meeting of heads of state or government on 8 May.
Programme of the Porto Social Summit
Watch the livestream here
Speakers and participants
The event will feature high-level speakers and participants:
- Portuguese Prime-Minister, António Costa
- President of the European Council, Charles Michel
- EIB President, Werner Hoyer
- EIB Vice-President, Ricardo Mourinho Félix
- President of the European Commission, Ursula von der Leyen
- Executive Vice-President of the European Commission, Valdis Dombrovskis
- Secretary-General of the OECD, Angel Gurría
and many other high-level speakers. They will set the European agenda for the next decade and ensuring that we face the challenges of the present and of the future leaving no one behind.