The 2X Challenge was established by the world’s development finance institutions (DFIs) at the 2018 G7 Summit in Canada, with an aim to mobilise $3 billion in gender finance, targeted at increasing women's economic participation in developing countries by the end of 2020.
Three years on, this event brought together key leaders to reflect on the progress that has been made and to look ahead to the next phase of the challenge.
The event was hosted by renowned international broadcaster, Zeinab Badawi.
- Bogolo Kenewendo, Economist & Member of G7 Gender Equality Advisory Council
- Odile Renaud-Basso, President, EBRD
- Anita Bhatia, Deputy Executive Director for UN Coordination, Partnerships, Resources & Sustainability, UN Women
- Lori Kerr, Chief Executive Officer, FinDev Canada
- Nick O’Donohoe, Chief Executive Officer, CDC Group
- Thomas Östros, Vice-President, EIB