Two years after the launch of the International Platform on Sustainable Finance (IPSF), European development finance institutions, the EIB and the EBRD are taking stock of efforts on the global level to scale up the mobilisation of private capital towards green investments in emerging and developing economies.
The event focused on the implementation of the EU’s Sustainable Finance strategy, its challenges and opportunities and the role of European finance institutions in promoting EU standards for sustainable finance and delivering a sustainable finance ecosystem at global level.
The webinar targeted private investors, governments, regulators, experts in sustainable finance and financing of emerging and developing economies.
- Panel discussion
Moderator: Helena Viñes Fiestas, Commissioner of the Spanish Financial Markets Authority, Rapporteur of the EU Platform on Sustainable Finance
- Maria Shaw-Barragan, Director of Lending in Africa, Caribbean, Pacific, Asia and Latin America, EIB
- Laure Blanchard-Brunac, Director for Policy & Partnerships, EDFI
- Carel Cronenberg, Associate Director, Green Economy and Climate Action, EBRD
- Nadia Nikolova, Lead Portfolio Manager, AllianzGI Development Finance
- Lucia Marin, Policy Officer, International Affairs Unit, DG FISMA, European Commission
- Closing remarks
Caroline Wellemans, Head of Unit, DG INTPA, European Commission