EFSI Steering Board
The EFSI Steering Board governs the implementation of EFSI for the purpose of ensuring the appropriate use of the Guarantee. In accordance with the Regulation 2015 / 1017, it determines the strategic orientation of the EFSI, including its risk profile, the operating policies and the procedures necessary for the functioning of the EFSI, and operations with investment platforms and national promotional banks or institutions. The Steering Board shall take decisions by consensus.
The Steering Board comprises four members, three appointed by the EU Commission and one appointed by the EIB. The Chairperson of the Steering Board is a representative of the Commission. The Steering Board has been formally created the 22 July 2015.
Steering Board members
- Gerassimos Thomas (EC, DG Energy) – Chairperson
- Ambroise Fayolle (EIB Vice-President)
- Irmfried Schwimann (EC, DG Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs)
- Benjamin Angel (EC, DG Economic and Financial Affairs)
- Wolfgang Burtscher (EC, DG Research and Innovation)
- Marc Lemaître (EC, DG Regional and Urban Policy)
- Giorgio Chiarion Casoni (EC, DG Economic and Financial Affairs)
- Marjut Santoni (EIB Deputy Secretary General)