Stronger together: EIB at the 2018 World Bank Group/IMF Annual Meetings
- Display in:
- Available in: en
- Date: 10 October 2018 - 14 October 2018
- Bali Nusa Dua
The 2018 Annual Meetings of the World Bank Group and the International Monetary Fund (IMF) bring together central bankers, ministers of finance and development, private sector executives, civil society, media and academics to discuss issues of global concern, including the world economic outlook, global financial stability, poverty eradication, jobs and growth, economic development, aid effectiveness and climate change.
Also featured are seminars, regional briefings, press conferences, and many other events focused on the global economy, international development, and the world's financial system.
As a key player in international development, the European Investment Bank (EIB) is participating in the 2018 Annual Meetings through a delegation led by President Werner Hoyer.
In the spotlight
Our schedule at the Annual Meetings
Wednesday 10 October
Thursday 11 October
Friday 12 October
Saturday 13 October
Global Infrastructure Forum
- Unlocking inclusive, resilient, and sustainable technology-driven infrastructure
Sunday 14 October
Global Infrastructure Forum
The Global Infrastructure Forum took place on Saturday 13 October, on the margins of the World Bank Group/IMF Annual Meetings in Bali.
The forum aimed to enhance coordination among multilateral development banks and their development partners to better develop sustainable, accessible, resilient, and quality infrastructure for developing countries, and focused on how governments and their working partners can attract more resources for infrastructure. Find out more
Click here to read the outcome statement of the Forum.
On climate action
On sustainable cities
On gender equality
Let’s take a look at some of the EIB’s impact…
…On sustainable cities
…On gender equality
Related news and press releases
- Declaring war on plastic to save our oceans: the world’s major climate financiers EIB, KfW and AFD launch a 2-billion euros initiative
- Stumbling or striding confidently into the future? Werner Hoyer joins financial leaders to debate Europe’s way forward
- EIB Secretary General Marjut Santoni at GI Forum on handling 'risk'
- The government of the Republic of Indonesia and the EIB strengthen cooperation on green infrastructure
- Multilateral Banks reaffirm pledge to support resilient sustainable infrastructure
- Climate at the heart of the deepening partnership between the EIB and IBD
- EIB kicks off at IMF/WB Group meetings with call for digital opportunity across the globe to unlock sustainable growth
- Multilateral Partnerships are the only way to tackle global challenges, says EU Bank President ahead of annual IMF/World Bank Group meetings
- EIB President Werner Hoyer announces major progress on tackling climate change globally at the One Planet Summit in New York
- Public and private financial institutions demonstrate their support for cities and subnational governments on climate action
- Cities and finance join forces to launch new Climate at the heart of the deepening partnership between the EIB and IBDitiative to strengthen urban climate investment
- Launch of the Global Green Bond Partnership
- EIB issues first Sustainability Awareness Bond