European Development Days 2017
- Date: 07 June 2017 - 08 June 2017
- Follow the European Development Days 2017 on Twitter #EDD17
About the European Development Days (EDD 2017)
Organised by the European Commission, the European Development Days (EDD) bring the development community together each year to share ideas and experiences in ways that inspire new partnerships and innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges.
Check the programme for EDD 2017: https://www.eudevdays.eu/agenda
Join the EIB at the EDD
As a major player in the world of development finance, the European Investment Bank (EIB) will share its ideas and expertise with development actors and stakeholders in a number of events under three major themes at the EDD 2017.
Investing in Peace and Partnerships
- The chance to thrive: growing opportunity
- Are multistakeholder partnerships effective in advancing the 2030 Agenda?
- Opening Session EU-Africa Business Forum
With EIB President Werner Hoyer
7 June - 09:00 to 10:45 - Special Event A3
- Innovative start-ups improving lives
Kenyan tech entrepreneur Rita Kimani and investment fund manager Andreata Muforo join Investment Officers Paola Ravacchioli (EIB) and Mariam Yeo Dembele (African Development Bank) to debate how supporting start-ups can change lives – featuring the new Boost Africa project
Wednesday, June 7 - 16.15 to 17.30 - Project S2
Investing in Prosperity
- Financing city waste management for urban economic development and climate mitigation
With Monica Scatasta - EIB Head of Environment, Climate and Social Policy
Wednesday, June 7 - 16.15 to 17.30 - Debate D5
- New frontiers in investment for impact
EIB Vice-President Ambroise Fayolle is joined by United Nations Capital Development Fund Judith Karl
Thursday, June 8 - 09.00 to 10.30 - Auditorium A2
- To achieve agenda 2030, give peace a chance
Thursday, June 8 - 10.45 to 12.00 - Debate D2
Investing in People and Planet
- Putting digital into development: connecting people’s potential
Putting Digital into Development sees EIB Vice President Pim van Ballekom and Alexander De Croo, Minister of Development Cooperation and Digital Agenda, joined by the ”father” of microfinance Mohammed Yunus and Mike Darcy, CEO of the EIB-backed Africa Mobile Networks, which will provide mobile connections to 3.6 million people.
Thursday, June 8 - 13.30 to 14.45 - Debate D7
- Inequalities and indigenous peoples - Making the Sustainable Development Goals work for indigenous peoples
EIB expert Eleni Kyrou takes part in a debate on Inequalities and Indigenous Peoples organised by the International Labour Organisation with the Association of the Indigenous People of Chad on rights and financing.
Thursday, June 8, 2017 - 13:30 to 14:45 - Debate D2
- Harnessing opportunities for climate change adaptation and mitigation in cities
Tackling climate change in cities is the topic of a major debate with Ugandan Minister of Water and Environment Sam Cheptoris and EIB Vice President Jonathan Taylor.
Thursday, June 8 - 14.30 to 16.00 - Auditorium A1
See you at the EDD?
Register before 20 May. https://www.eudevdays.eu/register-anonymous