We work to promote sustainable growth and job creation by supporting the following action areas:
- Small and medium sized enterprises: the creators of 80% of new jobs
- Regional development: to address economic and social imbalances between regions
- Environmental sustainability: including both climate action and investment in the urban and natural environment
- Innovation: promoting skills and innovation at every level
- Trans-European Networks: linking Europe’s infrastructure, principally in transport
- Energy: building competitive and secure supply
European Union Member States receive about 90% of our financing, but we also work with more than 150 other partner countries in support of EU external assistance policy.
Our database has a breakdown by country, region and sector for:
A short description of the procedure for approving project loans.
Plzeň or Pilsen, the fourth most populous city in the Czech Republic, located just an hour away from Prague, will host over 600 cultural events as one of the 2015 European Capitals of Culture. With support from the EIB, this former industrial city has been transformed into a buzzing cultural hub showcasing a variety of artistic genres - from theatre and music, to circus performances, exhibitions and art installations, as well as community and educational programmes.