We work to promote sustainable growth and job creation by supporting the following action areas:
- Small and medium sized enterprises: the creators of 80% of new jobs
- Regional development: to address economic and social imbalances between regions
- Environmental sustainability: including both climate action and investment in the urban and natural environment
- Innovation: promoting skills and innovation at every level
- Trans-European Networks: linking Europe’s infrastructure, principally in transport
- Energy: building competitive and secure supply
European Union Member States receive about 90% of our financing, but we also work with more than 150 other partner countries in support of EU external assistance policy.
Our database has a breakdown by country, region and sector for:
Enhanced energy efficiency is one of the most cost effective ways of reducing emissions and expenses, whilst at the same time improving energy supplies and competitiveness. Companies in Sweden are continuously increasing their energy efficiency investments to gain an important competitive edge, save money and be environmentally responsible. Over the course of the past year, the EIB has funded three projects in Sweden to do exactly this.