We work to promote sustainable growth and job creation by supporting the following action areas:
- Small and medium sized enterprises: the creators of 80% of new jobs
- Regional development: to address economic and social imbalances between regions
- Environmental sustainability: including both climate action and investment in the urban and natural environment
- Innovation: promoting skills and innovation at every level
- Trans-European Networks: linking Europe’s infrastructure, principally in transport
- Energy: building competitive and secure supply
European Union Member States receive about 90% of our financing, but we also work with more than 150 other partner countries in support of EU external assistance policy.
Our database has a breakdown by country, region and sector for:
A short description of the procedure for approving project loans.
No download formats are defined.
On March 2nd, South Africa saw the inauguration of its first concentrated solar plant in the small town of Pofadder in the Northern Cape Province. Backed by a EUR 210 million EIB loan, the 100 MW plant will light up 80,000 households, with the additional benefit of reducing South Africa’s carbon emissions by 300,000 tonnes every year.