We work to promote sustainable growth and job creation by supporting the following action areas:
- Small and medium sized enterprises: the creators of 80% of new jobs
- Regional development: to address economic and social imbalances between regions
- Environmental sustainability: including both climate action and investment in the urban and natural environment
- Innovation: promoting skills and innovation at every level
- Trans-European Networks: linking Europe’s infrastructure, principally in transport
- Energy: building competitive and secure supply
European Union Member States receive about 90% of our financing, but we also work with more than 150 other partner countries in support of EU external assistance policy.
Our database has a breakdown by country, region and sector for:
A short description of the procedure for approving project loans.
In 2009, the EIB made its first ever investment in a private equity fund targeting sustainable forestry. Based in Luxembourg and supported by an EIB EUR 20m loan, Dasos Timberland Funds has today committed more than EUR 100m in timberland assets based for the most part in Europe. In this article we focus on three success stories in Estonia, Finland and Malaysia to take stock of the situation.