We work to promote sustainable growth and job creation by supporting the following action areas:
- Small and medium sized enterprises: the creators of 80% of new jobs
- Regional development: to address economic and social imbalances between regions
- Environmental sustainability: including both climate action and investment in the urban and natural environment
- Innovation: promoting skills and innovation at every level
- Trans-European Networks: linking Europe’s infrastructure, principally in transport
- Energy: building competitive and secure supply
European Union Member States receive about 90% of our financing, but we also work with more than 150 other partner countries in support of EU external assistance policy.
Our database has a breakdown by country, region and sector for:
A short description of the procedure for approving project loans.
In 2008, the EUR 609 million “Plan Navarra 2012” co-financed by the EIB provided a much needed breath of fresh air for the region. In the fields of education, health and cultural heritage, thousands of jobs have been created and the 50 operational projects are giving a fresh boost to the economy of Navarre.