We work to promote sustainable growth and job creation by supporting the following action areas:
- Small and medium sized enterprises: the creators of 80% of new jobs
- Regional development: to address economic and social imbalances between regions
- Environmental sustainability: including both climate action and investment in the urban and natural environment
- Innovation: promoting skills and innovation at every level
- Trans-European Networks: linking Europe’s infrastructure, principally in transport
- Energy: building competitive and secure supply
European Union Member States receive about 90% of our financing, but we also work with more than 150 other partner countries in support of EU external assistance policy.
A short description of the procedure for approving project loans
Our latest "One minute, one project"
No download formats are defined.
The majority of Bucharest’s two million inhabitants live in aging self-owned multi-storey apartment buildings. In a bid to reap energy savings and modernise housing, the EIB is supporting the rehabilitation of some 1 000 buildings, comprising 66 380 apartments, through loans to four district authorities in the capital city totalling EUR 282m.