We work to promote sustainable growth and job creation by supporting the following action areas:
- Small and medium sized enterprises: the creators of 80% of new jobs
- Regional development: to address economic and social imbalances between regions
- Environmental sustainability: including both climate action and investment in the urban and natural environment
- Innovation: promoting skills and innovation at every level
- Trans-European Networks: linking Europe’s infrastructure, principally in transport
- Energy: building competitive and secure supply
European Union Member States receive about 90% of our financing, but we also work with more than 150 other partner countries in support of EU external assistance policy.
Our database has a breakdown by country, region and sector for:
A short description of the procedure for approving project loans.
For Family Bank in Kenya, banking is more than money – it is a calling and a matter of improving lives. Since 1984 Family Bank has been enabling people to create and sustain wealth by providing access to flexible, affordable financial services. Thanks to a key partnership with the EIB more resources have been made available for Family Bank. In an interview with the EIB Family Bank’s Managing Director and CEO, Peter Munyiri, talks about these success stories.