The EU bank at the 2017 World Bank/IMF Annual Meetings
- Date: 09 October 2017 - 15 October 2017
- Washington DC
- United States
As a key player in international development, the European Investment Bank (EIB) is participating in the 2017 Annual Meetings of the World Bank Group and the International Monetary Fund (IMF) through a delegation led by President Werner Hoyer.
This event is a key for all those involved in international development. Participants will discuss issues of global concern, including the world economic outlook, poverty eradication, climate change and tackling the root causes of migration and forced displacement.
News from the Annual Meetings
At a key debate on how to improve the functioning of the Eurozone, EIB President Hoyer stressed the importance of investment in infrastructure and the need to create the right conditions for young and innovative firms to thrive.
EIB President Hoyer urges increased coordination between multilateral development banks to tackle global forced displacement crisis.
- Strengthened MDB cooperation on effective and efficient use of blended finance (read the release on the International Finance Corporate website)
- Climate finance in everything we do (read the article on the Global Capital website)
- We must speed up our cooperation on migration and forced displacement says EIB President Werner Hoyer at #IMF2017
- EIB launches operations in Uzbekistan
- A new era of development banking (read the article on the Global Capital website)
- From billions to trillions: Working together to attract private financing
- Supporting European growth (read the article on the Global Capital website)
- Helping make China’s Belt Road Initiative a success
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. The agreement signed with the EIB is the first step in what will be a fruitful relationship, helping Uzbekistan to invest in key sectors of great benefit to its people"
Jamshid Kuchkarov, Deputy Prime Minister of the Republic of Uzbekistan
China, a top producer of carbon dioxide makes a big move into the green bond market — and gets support from the EU bank.
Investment in Africa means jobs that don’t force people to leave their homes and families.
Our schedule at the Annual Meetings
The EIB delegation’s schedule at the Annual Meetings features a series of crucial debates and discussions with our partners on how to tackle global issues:
Thursday 12 October
Friday 13 October
Saturday 14 October
Sunday 15 October
All times are Washington DC local times.