Our impact in 2016: EIB’s results press conference
- Date: 24 January 2017Time : 10.30
- Justus Lipsius building – Press Room, Press Centre of the Council of the European Union 175, Rue de la Loi. B-1048
The President of the European Investment Bank, Werner Hoyer, presented our 2016 results and 2017 outlook at the EIB’s annual press conference. Highlights include:
- The EIB Group is effectively attracting other investors: last year’s EUR 83.8bn financing supports a total investment of EUR 280bn.
- The EIB Group delivered a record EUR 33bn in SME financing to the benefit of 300 000 smaller companies, which employ 4.4 million people.
- Our operations under the Investment Plan for Europe are well on track, with projects approved in all EU countries and 52% of our target to mobilise EUR 315bn achieved.
- We are determined to deliver USD 100bn of climate action finance over the next five years, the largest contribution of any multilateral institution.