Trust through transparency
- Release date: 05 October 2016
The European Investment Bank (EIB) is an EU body and a bank. It provides long-term finance for sound, sustainable investment projects in support of EU policy goals in Europe and beyond. It does so in an open and transparent manner.
The EIB’s commitment to being transparent is anchored in its Transparency Policy. This shapes the way the EIB communicates and develop a constructive dialogue with stakeholders based on mutual trust.
Guiding principles of the Transparency Policy:
- Presumption of disclosure
- Non-discrimination and equal treatment
- Ensuring trust and safeguarding sensitive information
- Willingness to listen and engage