Tackling climate change: Making Green Growth a Reality
- Available in: de el en fr
- Date: 23 February 2012
- Hotel InterContinental
The European Union has committed to cut CO2 emissions by 80 to 95% by 2050. As one of the largest financiers of renewable energy in Europe, the EIB helps implement this EU objective.
The Athens Regional Forum provided a platform to identify opportunities and policy implications for realising synergies between green growth initiatives, programs and projects in South East Europe, the Balkans and the Mediterranean. It gathered a number of high-level speakers, Members of the regulatory bodies and leading representatives of the energy sector as well as the European business and finance world representing a full range of expertise.
The full conference agenda is available here.
Presentations delivered at the conference
- Opening address: EIB Strategy on renewables - what EIB has to offer to Southern Europe?, by Werner Hoyer, President, EIB
- Wind power & p/v in Greece - Sustainable Energy, by Anastassios Kallitsantsis, Chairman, Hellenic Association of Independent Power Producers
- Market potential for renewables in South East Europe, by José Ángel Marra, Head of Strategy and Investments, Iberdrola
- Case study – Crescent Clean Energy Transition Fund, by Chris Knowles, Head of Climate Change and Environment Division, EIB
- Clean Energy Transition Fund – CETF, by Aygen Yayikoglu, Fund Manager, Crescent Capital
- Trends in the Turkish Renewable Energy Market, by Ece Akarca, Envrionmental Expert, Fichtner Turkey
- Challenges & Opportunities of Developing Renewable Energy Projects in Turkey, by Sinan Ak, Deputy General Manager, Zorlu Energy
- Funding Investments in Urban Areas – the experience of the EIB, by Mario Aymerich, Director, EIB
- Renewables, Energy Efficiency & Energy Networks Inter-relationships, by Juan Alario, Associate Director, Head of Division Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, EIB