Third request for proposals is now open!
If you are a financial intermediary, download the Request for Proposals for a detailed description of the instrument and instructions on how to apply.
How it works
The PF4EE instrument’s two core objectives are:
- to make energy efficiency lending a more sustainable activity within European financial institutions, considering the energy efficiency sector as a distinct market segment
- to increase the availability of debt financing to eligible energy efficiency investments
The instrument is managed by the EIB and funded by the Programme for the Environment and Climate Action (LIFE programme).
The LIFE Programme committed €80m to fund the credit risk protection and expert support services. The EIB will leverage this amount, making a minimum of €480m available in long-term financing.
The PF4EE instrument will provide:
- a portfolio-based credit risk protection provided by means of cash-collateral (Risk Sharing Facility), together with
- long-term financing from the EIB (EIB Loan for Energy Efficiency) and
- expert support services for the Financial Intermediaries (Expert Support Facility)