- Display in:
- Available in: bg cs da de el en es et fi fr ga hr hu it lt lv mt nl pl pt ro sk sl sv
Vice-President of the EIB
Appointment date: 16/08/2007
Renewed on: 16/08/2019
Oversight on the following:
- Financing SMEs and mid-caps
- Equity and equity-type products
- Counterpart monitoring and restructuring
- EIB – EIF cooperation
- Relations with the Long-Term Investors Club (LTIC, jointly with President Hoyer leading)
- Adriatic Sea strategy
- Financing operations in Croatia, Italy, Malta, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo*, Montenegro, Serbia, Western Balkans Investment Framework (WBIF), Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya**, Palestine*** and Syria****
- Chair of the EIF’s Board of Directors
* This designation is without prejudice to the positions expressed by the EU Member States on Kosovo’s status and is in line with United Nations Security Council Resolution No. 1244/1999 and the International Court of Justice Opinion of 22 July 2010 on Kosovo’s declaration of independence.
** The EIB will start operating in Libya after it signs a Framework Agreement with the country – currently under preparation.
*** This designation shall not be construed as recognition of a State of Palestine and is without prejudice to the individual positions of the Member States on this issue.
**** Following EU sanctions in November 2011, the EIB has suspended all loan disbursements and technical advisory contracts for projects in Syria.