Project-related technical assistance contributes to improving the quality of lending operations throughout the project cycle and enhancing their development impact.
Technical assistance operations aim to:
- enhance project quality and success rate;
- increase the efficiency and success rate;
- complement other financial products
In accordance with the strategic thrust of the Investment Facility, technical assistance operations mainly focus on:
- financial sector operations, notably microfinance support and SME lending;
- infrastructure undertakings, notably in the water and wastewater sectors, ICT, transport and energy sectors.
|Investment facility (Cotonou)||ACPs & OCTs||2008-2013||Up to EUR 40.15 m|
|Water Project Preparation Facility||ACPs||2008-2010||EUR 3 m|
Technical assistance facilities
* The Republic of South Africa is not eligible. In addition, the EUR 372 figure is not only earmarked for technical assistance operations. Funds can also be provided as interest rate subsidies, one-off grants or insurance premiums.
Technical assistance for regional infrastructure projects is available through the EU-Africa Infrastructure Trust Fund.